A heritage hotel restored, renovated and owned by the direct descends of ruler of Khandela Dr. Raisal Singh It was the palace of Khandela Rulers for about 500 years. In Castle Khandela which is renovated without altering the originality yet providing the amenities comfort hospitality. You will experience the original in the abode of keep and feel like a maharaja. It also matches your budgetary requirements. We ensure you to look after your needs and requirements so that your visit becomes a memorable one.
castle khandela, rajasthan
Guests at Castle Khandela can re-live the Rajputana era in 17 refined rooms each offering a distinct experience of princely living. No Two rooms are alike in our property thus enabling you to choose as per your likes.
The interiors in their simplicity, elegance and attention to detail, showcase all that is finest in traditional Indian craftsmanship. The Hotel also offers all necessary modern amenities in each room thus making it a warm and memorable experience.
- Village walk –Khandela is a very old traditional village where people come from nearby small villages to shop. Here you meet very friendly people dressed in their traditional gear. In the bazaar of Khandela one can see making of bangles( Lakh kichudiya), Mojri (rajasthani shoes)Indian sweets & namkin, earthen pots, silver jewellery, chick pick in traditional oven being made.There is a separate Local fruits & vegetables market, cloth market,and spice market. Gota (decorate laces worn by women) and Kharad (wood work on hand laith machine) are also very famous as handicrafts of Khandela
- Camel Cart Safari – the camel cart safari is arranged from Castle to the Stepwell farm (about 2 kms). On the way Tourists have a glimpse of the past of Khandela and see the ancient temples, cenotaphs of Maharajas (ancesles of the present owners of the castle), village life, old haveli and ruins of old castles etc.
- Stepwell Farm – the farm is 2 kms from the Castle. Where organic farming is done in the traditional Indian style. The vegetables grown here are served fresh in the Castle. Farming is done trough a stepwell which is 300 years old with beautiful architecture. The stepwells were the age old traditional open wells where a person could descend down the steps till the water level. There were pavilions around the stepwell for taking rest
- Farm Dinner & High Tea – Farm Dinner & high tea arranged in the stepwell farm where the guest can also experience the cooking in traditional style i.e. on the firewood chulha (stove) in the traditional cookware
- Brickfield – (about 2.5 kms from Castle.)If Guests are interested they can also visit the Brickfield where about 500 people make &fire bricks by hand in the old traditional style of manufacturing clay bricks
- Jeep Safari – from castle to nearby villages in the interior to experience the traditional lifestyle of villagers.
|Jaipur – Khandela||100 kms|
|Delhi – Khandela||230|
|Khandela – Pushkar||Kms|
|Khandela – Nawalgarh||50 kms|
|Khandela- Mandawa||60 kms|
|Khandela – Kotputli (Delhi Jaipur Highway)||90 kms|
|Khandela – Bikaner||250 kms|
|Nearest Airport||Jaipur and Delhi|
|Bus Station||1 Km|
- Gangaur Festival – very famous festival of Rajasthan for ladies. celebrated at Castle
- Kite Festival – kite flying competition from Castle terrace
- Dashara festival – Demon Rawanas effigy is burnt.
- Janmasthmi – Birthday of lord Krishna ü Diwali Festival –light & crackers
- Holi Festival – Color festival Famous Fairs (Mela – thousands of peoples to go to pray respected local devotees)
- Shakambhari Mata Kamela – 30 kms from Khandela)
- Bhairav Mela Rengus – 25 kms from Khandela
- Charoda Dham Mela -1 kms from Castle
- Shitla Mata Kamela – Bagoda – 7 kms from Khandela
- Khatu Shayam Mela – 25 kms from Khandela
- Sundar das Mela – (Snack charmers) 10 Kms from Khandela